General Discussion Questions:
1. Wow! What would you do if you woke up suddenly changed on the outside but still you on the inside?
2. What other changes can happen to us besides being changed into a giant bug?
3. Who would you tell? Who would understand?
4. Where would you go for help? For support? Your parents? Other adults? Your friends?
5. What would you do if a someone you knew was going through dramatic changes or tough spots?
6. What do you think about adjusting and making something good about a “new normal” instead of just hiding it away?
7. Which characters did you connect with? Would you like to be friends with any of them?
8. Why do you think I made the setting of this story 1977 small town America? What do we have now that wasn’t available in 1977?
9. Did you know what a Wogglebug was before you read this book? You might be familiar with the story, The Wizard of Oz. While most people know about the movie, there is a large series of books that began with L. Frank Baum’s The Wizard of Oz, and continued for 14 books. Later, other authors continued the series. The Wogglebug is from the second book in this series, The Marvelous Land of Oz. Around the time of the Roger Mantis story, the Oz series was being republished and new movies were being made.